Healing Foods is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Healing Foods may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
How we collect your data
- For all consultations, before advice may be provide a client consultation form is completed. All these forms which will include your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, medical history, GP and treatment history are then stored in a locked cabinet. If these forms are e-mailed to Healing Foods, the document will be printed and the electronic copies deleted.
- Contact Form- There is a contact form on the website for you to contact Healing Foods with your enquiries. We ask for your name, e-mail address and to leave a comment. You will NOT be added to our mailing list for using this.
- Social Media – You may contact us via Facebook Messenger or Twitter and we will reply to your message.
What we collect and why
Before any consultation we will ask you to complete a consultation form.
We require the below personal details from you:-
1. Your full name – To ensure all communication is with the correct person.
2. Date of birth – To help us distinguish 2 clients with identical names, also age is important when making individual plans.
3. Address – To send any relevant documentation/ tests to
4. Email address – To send email invoices of any services you have received.
5. Medical history including operations, diseases, disorders – Medical history is crucial to allow correct recommendations to be made and to adhere to the terms of our insurance.
6. Allergies – To ensure nothing that is recommended can cause you harm, irritation or any other complications and to adhere to the terms of our insurance.
7. Medication – Some medication can be a contraindication to foods recommended It is essential we know details to protect you the client and adhere to our insurance terms.
8. Consultation history – A letter will be sent to the client after every consultation detailing what has been discussed and recommendations – This is required for insurance purposes.
9. Your Consent – We require you to read and sign a paragragh that allows us to obtain this information lawfully from you and legally store it in accordance with GDPR.
10. Your Contact prefences – If you wish to be on our mailing list you must opt in otherwise we can not legally send you our newsletters. However this does not include any automatic e-mails sent via the website of you have signed up separately to this. Healing Foods are unable to take you off the web e-mail list since this is outside their control.
- All information collected for the purpose of a consultation will be kept for a period of 8 years as required by our insurers – Balans.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your right to access or changed your mind?
Your data control officer for Healing Foods is Susan Monk. In the event of a breach of personal data you will be contacted by the above mentioned person within 72 hours of discovery.