This is another slow coked recipe, full of flavour.
2 tbsp Olive Oil
16oz Small white mushrooms, quartered
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups vegetable stock
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp plain flour
1 1/2 sweet Hungarian paprika
8oz green beans, end trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Heat 1tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over a high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook quickly to brown on all side – approx 3-4 minutes, set aside.
2. In a bowl combine the tomato paste with 1/4 cup of the stock, blending until smooth, set aside.
3. Without cleaning the skillet, heat the remaining tbsp of oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
4. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker. Add the paprika, green beans and the remaining 1 3/4 cups of stock, add the tomato paste mixture, cover and cook on a low/ medium ( depending on machine model) for 6-8 hours.
5. About 20 minutes before serving add in the browned mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Remove the lid and cook on high to blend the flavours and the the sauce thickens.
6. Just before serving , slowly which in the sour cream until well blended, serve at once with rice or crusty bread.
Copyright: Susan Monk 2017